POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Early IRTC WIP (35kbu) : Re: Early IRTC WIP (35kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Early IRTC WIP (35kbu)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 24 Jan 2002 05:16:58
Message: <3C4FDF52.74871B0F@unforgettable.com>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> A picture gallery where the pictures are a little more real than
> is usual. I tried a similar idea a couple of years ago but didn't
> ave much success.
>
> The floating spheres are placeholders for lamps. I'll replace
> the julia fractals with something better later
>
> The three pictures were all rendered in Vue d'Esprit then post-
> processed in photoshop so that they look sorta like paintings
>
> Comments?

Ah! Yes! Those twisty things made of Julia fractals, those are what I
need to know how to do! Since you're going to replace them anyway, could
you post the code you used for one of them somewhere?

The image is banding rather badly on my 16-bit display, which is rather
distracting, but ignoring that it looks like a good start to whatever
you're doing. Nice "paintings"; I especially like the sunset in the
middle, more for the colors than anything else.

-Xplo